Beginning May 23, 2022, we will be accepting scholarship applications for Fall 2022 Funding.
Buhl Regional Health Foundation Scholarship Funding has been established to provide financial support to individual planning to pursue an R.N. or bachelor’s degree or higher in a health-related program at an accredited college, university or school of nursing. $5,000 scholarship grants will be awarded to high school seniors. These are limited, one-time, non-renewable grants that are paid directly to the educational institution and applied only to the tuition of a student who is enrolled and in good standing.
Grant recipients are high school seniors who are well-balanced and are most likely to succeed in their chosen professions by giving back to their community in a health care role.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must not be a family member of the Foundation’s director, officers, employees, Scholarship Committee Members, or substantial contributors
- Must be a high school senior and resident in the Buhl Regional Health Foundation’s service area
- Be pursuing an R.N. or bachelor’s degree or higher in a health-related field
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student for the upcoming academic year at an accredited college, university or school of nursing (school itself must maintain a regular faculty and curriculum and have a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where educational activities are regularly carried on.)
You Will Need
- Student I.D. number
- Two letters of reference from a high school teacher, guidance counselor or coach
- Copy of current transcript from applicant’s high school
- Description of community involvement and leadership roles
- Description of work history (if applicable)
- Completion of online essay
- To complete the application process, applicants must create an online user account via the BRHF Online Scholarship Portal
- Applicants must complete all application questions as well as provide all required information and uploads to be considered for the scholarship. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via email. If there is an awards ceremony at the high school, BRHF staff may attend to present the award.
- Scholarship Funding does NOT go directly to an individual. Scholarship checks will be payable to college/university or school of nursing with the student ID # in the memo.
- Scholarship grant funds are to be applied to the student’s tuition for the upcoming semester/school year and cannot be used to pay an outstanding balance due from a prior semester/school year.
- The educational institution is informed that, in the event the student withdraws from the institution’s educational program at such time that a refund of tuition is due, scholarship grant funds are to be returned to the Foundation and not to the withdrawing student.
Whether you are a new or returning user, please follow this button to go to our online Scholarship Portal.