Youth Grief Support
Buhl Regional Health Foundation is dedicated to partnering with area agencies to provide resources and support to help children, adolescents and teens navigate the complexities of grief and loss in a healthy and healing way.
Camp Courage is a summer day camp for kids ages K-6 dealing with grief and loss with followup groups for ongoing support.
For Adolescents & Teens
A support group for adolescents and teens in 7th-12th grade (under 18) meets monthly for them to share their experiences and cope with loss.
Additional Resources for Grief & Coping
- Finding Grace in Grief provides adults who need support with a comfortable place to share their feelings with others on a similar path. This group meets on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month. No sign up needed, join us when you’re ready. Learn more on Grace Chapel’s website
- Highmark Caring Place
- Community Counseling Center
- Behavioral Health Resouces from Primary Health Network
Camp Courage helps children who are experiencing grief and loss by incorporating the fun of camp along with healing activities to help them…
- Understand that their feelings are normal
- Realize that they’re not alone in their grief
- Learn that it’s OK to have fun while still grieving
- Have the opportunity to share their loss and memories
Camp Courage Details
JULY 31 – AUG 4, 2023
Schedule: 9am – 3pm
Buhl Park in Hermitage, PA
To attend Camp Courage, children must be ages K-6 in the 2023-2024 school year and attend school in or reside in Mercer County.
Registration open through June 30.
Activities at camp are designed to help kids learn different coping skills, build resilience and have fun.
- Team building activities help develop social skills and emphasize the importance of helping others
- Games teach coping skills that help youth deal with life’s daily stressors in addition to grief
- Arts and crafts help kids express emotions for times when words fall short
- Decompression times help youth learn ways of handling stress and calming strategies
A licensed independent social worker with grief certification is on-site all week to assist youth with any special needs. All staff and volunteers go through training prior to camp as well as background checks.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Kateri Linn, Director of Programming.
Ongoing aftercare groups
Following Camp Courage, ongoing support groups will be available to provide follow-up care and continued support for the children and caregivers who participated in the day camp. More details to come.
Adolescents & Teens Grief & Loss Support Group
This support group is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive environment for adolescents and teens in 7th-12th grade (under 18) who have experienced any kind of loss. Grieving can be a challenging and isolating experience, and our goal is to provide a space where adolescents and teens can connect with others who are going through similar experiences, share their thoughts and feelings, and learn coping strategies to navigate their grief journey.
Offered in partnership with Baker Professional Counseling, Inc and hosted at Grace Chapel. For more information, call 724-201-2779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st Saturday of the Month
9:30 – 11:00 am
Grace Chapel • Hermitage, PA
Adolescents and teens in grades 7-12 (under the age of 18.)