The Buhl Regional Health Foundation is a private health foundation. We support the important work of non-profit agencies that strive to improve the health of Mercer County’s children and, in-turn, improve the health outcomes of the entire county. We do this by listening, partnering, and providing resources.
Buhl Regional Health Foundation will continue to support, through grant-making, collaborative projects in our community that focus on improving the health outcomes in Mercer County. Because research shows that improving the health of children will have a drastic effect on the long-term health outcomes of a community, our focus for grant funding will be towards organizations and projects that address improving children’s health and wellness. Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will be issued periodically, in an effort to focus funding where it will have the most impact, but we will maintain the option to open a grant cycle at any time. In addition, our “Mini Grant” program will support organizational projects with the potential for big impact despite minimal budgetary requirements.
Request for proposals
Requests for Proposals (RFPs) will be issued as needs are identified in our community, allowing for creative innovation where it will have the greatest impact.
Small projects with potential for major impact will be funded through our rolling grant process.
- Applicants must be a tax exempt, non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants must be located within Mercer County, PA.
- Faith-based organizations must welcome all faiths and participation in religious activity participation must be
clearly defined as optional.
- Applicant’s efforts must serve individuals, aged 18 and under, who reside in Mercer County, PA.
- Previous grantees of BRHF must have fulfilled the required 18 month waiting period from their last grant award and all previous grants must be closed (all grant reporting completed and any unused funds returned).
The Buhl Regional Health Foundation will not fund:
- For-profit entities
- Lobbying/political campaigns
- Debt reduction/existing financial obligations
- Foreign operations or expenditures
- Fundraising event sponsorship
- Membership in civic organizations
- Endowment support
- Supplemental funding to previously awarded grants or existing programs.
- Direct payment to a pediatric care provider.
- Research projects, such as clinical trials.
- Health fairs or other one-time events.
- Additional expenses may be disallowed at the discretion of BRHF
This is not an exclusive list. Our staff, Grants Committee and Board of Directors will determine all inclusions and exclusions.
Grant News & Updates
New Strategic Framework Announced!
We're excited to announce that the Buhl Regional Health Foundation (BRHF), a private health foundation, has launched our newly developed Strategic Framework. This framework calibrates our priorities, focus, and strategy for achieving a healthier community over the...
Grant Proposals for Optimizing the Health of our Children
**THIS RFP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND NOT ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS** As we continue to work through strategic planning, our efforts to produce meaningful change in the health of our community persist. Extensive research and input from community stakeholders has...
View the 2022 Grant Writing Workshop Series
Additional information about the Grant proposal process and cycle, plus eligibility and exclusions.
How to Apply
More information on the grant process, LOI’s , eligibility, and how to submit an application can be found on the Apply for a Grant page.
Review a list of resources to help our community partners as well as grant applicants in research and data gathering.
Ready to apply? Follow the button below to be directed to our online Grant Portal.