A summer day camp for kids dealing with grief and loss. Provided by a partnership of Buhl Regional Health Foundation, Buhl Park, Community Counseling Center, and Highmark Caring Place.
Camp Courage helps children who are experiencing grief and loss by incorporating the fun of camp along with healing activities to help them…
- Understand that their feelings are normal
- Realize that they’re not alone in their grief
- Learn that it’s OK to have fun while still grieving
- Have the opportunity to share their loss and memories
JULY 31 – AUG 4, 2023
Schedule: 9am – 3pm
Buhl Park in Hermitage, PA
Registration will begin in 2023.
Activities at camp are designed to help kids learn different coping skills, build resilience and have fun.
- Team building activities help develop social skills and emphasize the importance of helping others
- Games teach coping skills that help youth deal with life’s daily stressors in addition to grief
- Arts and crafts help kids express emotions for times when words fall short
- Decompression times help youth learn ways of handling stress and calming strategies
Resources for Grief & Coping
- Highmark Caring Place
- Behavioral Health Resouces from Primary Health Network
- Community Counseling Center
Finding Grace in Grief provides those who need support with a comfortable, faith-based place to share their feelings with others on a similar path. This group meets on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month. No sign up needed, join us when you’re ready. Learn more on Grace Chapel’s website
A licensed independent social worker with grief certification is on-site all week to assist youth with any special needs. All staff and volunteers go through training prior to camp as well as background checks.