As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, one of Buhl Regional Health Foundation’s greatest concerns is the health, wellness and safety of our community. BRHF asks that you please join us by doing your part in maintaining social distance, wearing a mask, washing your hands frequently, staying home if you feel sick and getting your COVID-19 Vaccine.
To Non-Profit Community Agencies
In the Spring of 2020, our funding strategy shifted from a traditional granting procedure to one that allowed us to quickly meet COVID-19 Emergency needs. Our COVID-19 Emergency Funding Process is available to local non-profit agencies. To date we have funded around $100,000 to meet the urgent needs of our community.
To our Grantees:
We understand that COVID-19 may have interfered with current grants regarding scheduled activities and timelines. As necessary, we encourage you to make the required changes to postpone activities and plans. If in any way COVID-19 interrupted your ability to provide the services intended through a BRHF grant, please reach out to either Jennifer Barborak, Executive Director or Kimberly Duncan, Grants Program Manager to discuss any changes or concerns. We will be flexible with interim and final reporting for any programs affected during this time period.
Our staff members are working remotely. We ask that you contact us via email or by phone. Our office will remain closed to the public until further notice.
Jennifer Barborak, Executive Director email@example.com
Kimberly Duncan, Grants Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Smith, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
COVID-19 Resources Compiled by BRHF:
- COVID Equity Team Flyer
- COVID Equity Team Video
- COVID-19 VACCINES
- Vaccine Info for People without Internet
- Mercer County COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM
- Mercer County COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM – SPANISH VERSION
- COVID Test Sites Mercer County updated 12.2.20
- COVID-19 TESTING TYPES
The Center for Disease Control:
- 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program | CDC
- COVID-19: Holiday Celebrations | CDC
- Vaccines | CDC
PA Department of Health:
- Getting the COVID Vaccine | PA.GOV
- PA State of Our Health 2021 Report SHA Complete Report_2021
Resources from Governor Tom Wolf’s Office:
- All Pennsylvanians over 16 years of age are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Find an appointment near you.
- Find food assistance resources near you.
- Mental health and substance use disorder help is available.
- If you are unable to work due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits.
- Learn more about COVID-19 testing and find a testing center.
- See the latest COVID-19 guidance and resources for Pennsylvanians.
- See which restaurants are Open & Certified as COVID-compliant businesses.
In the News
Listen to recent radio interviews with the COVID Equity Team Coordinator, Tracy Schliep. Tracy discusses the COVID Equity Team and the work the team is doing in Mercer County.
Buhl Regional Health Foundation Board Member Dr. George Garrow, PHN Chief Medical Officer, shares how we can show “Acts of Kindness”. Please feel free to share this video to spread the word of how we can be kind to our communities during the COVID-19 Pandemic.